15 October 2019, 14.00 - 18.00, registration and welcome coffee from 13.30
De Warande, Rue Zinner 1, 1000 Brussels
Panel 1 - Current status and upcoming challenges
- How can we ensure a stable and efficient European financial market infrastructure?
- What is the vision post-Brexit? What is the updated CMU vision with regards to post trade?
- What are the challenges and opportunities with digitalization and new technologies?
- What are the upcoming challenges for post-trading in the EU
- Implementation of MiFID II, EMIR Refit, EMIR 2.2, CSDR, T2S, and SFTR- experiences and expectations
Leena Mörttinen Director General, Financial Markets Department, Finnish Ministry of Finance
Kirston Winters Managing Director, Co-Head of Product Management for MarkitSERV, IHSMarkit
Andrew Douglas Managing Director of Government Relations for EMEA and Asia, DTCC
Bruce Savage Head of Europe, FIA
Panel 2 - CCP recovery and resolution
- How can we limit the use of tax payer money? Are CCPs sufficiently equipped to deal with a multiple member default?
- How do we avoid weakening the incentive structure? Is compensation necessary?
- How can we ensure a balanced protection of clearing members and the Resolution Authority through the No-Creditor-Worse-Off principle?
- How can we find a balance when it comes to capital requirements for CCPs? Are Non-Default Losses (NDLs) sufficiently addressed?
Patrick Pearson Head of Unit-Financial Markets Infrastructure, DG FISMA, European Commission
Dmitrij Senko Chief Risk Officer, Eurex Clearing
Nicholas Lincoln Group Head of Market Risk, LCH