6th Annual QED Conference on Cross-border regulation of financial services
Q2 2019, 14.30 – 16.45, registration and welcome coffee from 14.00
Venue Arts 56, Avenue des Arts 56, 1000 Brussels
14.00 - 14.30 Registration and welcome coffee
14.30 - 14.40 Opening remarks by moderator
14.40 - 15.40 Introductory remarks
15.40 - 16.30 Panel discussion
16.30 - 16.45 Concluding remarks
Possible discussion points
- In 2009 the G20 leaders decided on a number of a principles to govern the global OTC markets. Where do we stand today, 10 years later?
- Equivalence – how can we make sure that it is interpreted the same way by everyone? Can equivalence be a catalyst for building enduring relationships between the EU and third countries?
- How can we build a regulatory community that trust an defer to one another?
- Multilateral and bilateral approach – how can we ensure that they complement rather than counter each other?
- What is a reasonable tradeoff between keeping control and adhering to the work of international standard setter?
- How can we create strong international standards that financial institutions rely on for cyber resilience?
- What is the impact on the financial sector of GDPR in terms if international data reporting and data exchange?
- Is there a risk of a spill-over on the financial sector from the increased protectionism we see in international trade?
Almorò Rubin de Cervin Head of Unit A4 - International Affairs, DG FISMA, European Commission
Nick Collier Managing Director, Brussels Office, City of London Corporation
Eve Finn Managing Director, L&G Investment Management Ireland