Banking Package Review event series: Resolution & TLAC implementation
6 March 2018, 16.00 – 18.00, registration and welcome coffee from 15.30
Arts 56, Avenue des Arts 56, 1000 Brussels
Possible discussion points
- How should the TLAC and MREL requirement be calibrated across different banks to ensure resolvability whilst also maintaining a level playing field within the EU and vis-à-vis overseas banks and a sustainable financing capacity for economic growth?
- Can the transition to the new TLAC and MREL requirements be achieved for all banks by 2022 given the proposal eligibility criteria?
- How should breaches of MREL be addressed?
- Will a moratorium tool in the early intervention stage be counterproductive to financial stability?
- Do the risk reduction measures effectively address the sovereign-bank nexus?
- What outstanding issues need to be addressed to complete the crisis management framework?
- What will it take to complete the Banking Union's final pillar: the European Deposit Insurance Scheme?
- Do banks in the EU or even in the Banking Union need internal MREL requirements? When can EU banks avail themselves of the benefits of a single market?
Gunnar Hökmark Member of the European Parliament, Rapporteur on bank recovery and resolution
Jan Ceyssens Member of Cabinet of Vice-President Valdis Dombrovskis, European Commission
Gérald Niochaut Director, Recovery and Resolution, BPCE
Thomas Lodder Head of Regulatory Policy, Barclays
Jörg Hessenmüller Divisional Board Member, Group Management Development & Strategy, Commerzbank AG
Timothy Buenker Senior Policy Adviser, Banking Supervision, European Banking Federation
Stefanie Linhardt Europe Editor, The Banker