QED Conference on Sustainable Finance
5 June 2018, 14.30 – 16.45, registration and welcome coffee from 14.00
Arts 56, Avenue des Arts 56, 1000 Brussels
Possible discussion points
- What are the main challenges on the road towards a sustainable economy? What is the financial systems key role in overcoming those challenges?
- What policy measures are needed to achieve a sustainable economy?
- Is establishing an EU wide common sustainability taxonomy the right way to go?
- What are investors' duties in regards to sustainability?
- How can we improve the disclosure on how sustainability is factored into the decision-making?
- What role could an EU-wide label for green investment funds play?
- What role can financial benchmarks play in driving allocation of capital towards long-term, green and sustainable investments?
- Is common European standard for green bonds the right way to go?
Molly Scott Cato Member of the European Parliament
Ugo Bassi Director, Dir C - Financial Markets, DG FISMA, European Commission
Olivier Boutellis-Taft Chief Executive, Accountancy Europe
Véronique Menou Executive Director, ESG Research, MSCI
Sébastien Godinot Economist, WWF European Policy Office