QED Lunch Debate - Audit Policy
The way forward after the crisis
29 February 2012, 12:00 - 15:00
Stanhope Hotel, Rue du Commerce 9, 1000 Brussels
Possible discussion points:
- The role of the auditor
- What do issuers, investors and the society expect from an audit?
- How can we close the expectation gap?
- Should auditor express an opinion on the financial health of companies?
- The role of audit committees
- How can audit committees improve the transparancy around the audit appointment
- How should audit firms be remunerated?
- How do we create an efficient supervision at the EU level?
- How can we simplify the audit of SMEs?
Pervenche Berès MEP
Arvind Wadhera Acting Head of Unit F4 - Audit, DG MARKT, European Commission
Sebastian Valentin Bodu Member of the European Parliament
Susannah Haan Secretary General, EuropeanIssuers
Hans Berggren Swedish Shareholders’ Association
Moderator: Olivier Boutellis-Taft Chief Executive, FEE - Federation of European Accountants